Monday, March 24, 2008

BRYSTAL'S FIRST CAMPOUT

This weekend we went camping with a group of friends in our ward. We were so excited because we love to camp and it was time to introduce Brystal to the camping experience. Here we are when we first arrived. Dear Missy Wegener, here is the outfit you got for her, it is huge on her, but this was her only chance to wear it since it came with the cute jacket and all. She looked adorable in it. I hope to get her to wear it again before summer comes.


Here is Brystal sitting by the fire with her daddy. She seemed to really like being outdoors.














Here we are enjoying s'mores and yummy banana boats with everyone around the campfire.


And then of course the dreaded sleep of a camping trip. It wasn't so good. Brystal got up a couple times screaming like a banchee for no apparent reason. I was up most of the night worried she was cold and everytime she would move, I'd adjust her blankets. Finally I just brought her into my sleeping bag with me and we both slept the rest of the night in peace (sort of)

And here is Brystal in the morning while we are all fixing up breakfast. She was such a good baby. And dear Andi Hyldahl, here is the cute pajamas you got for her which were also very humongous on her, but they were so warm and cozy for her it didn't matter how big they were. She obviously didn't care. Thanks for the warm jammas. They came in handy.






And here is Brystal, she is drinking a little bottle of apple juice as a breakfast appetizer. That's right, she is holding that bottle and feeding herself! One day last week, I just handed her a bottle, and she just took it and knew what to do with it. And now when I feed her with a bottle, she does it herself. (with a little help of course when she drops it or misses her target, but she is getting better)




Stay tuned for camping trip number 2 which will be this next weekend, since it is our ward camping trip. I forgot I might add that Nate has been called to be the Ward Clerk in our ward so he is practically in the bishopric and we have to go camping again to help with the breakfast. Nate is pretty excited for this calling. He gets to be the guy who gets up and counts people during church, and has everyone counting out random numbers at him as he walks by to mess him up. But we all know Nate is good with numbers so it doesn't even affect him. Oh and while I'm announcing new callings here, I might add that I am the Beehives advisor in our ward as well. I'm very excited. I love Young Womens! We are very busy busy people in our ward.

8 comments:

Doug and Marilyn said...

I can't believe how big that Brystal is getting. What a big girl!! Looks like you survived and even left with smiling faces...how wonderful! We can't wait for summer so we can go camping.

nan said...

I really enjoy looking at your blogspot every week. Brystal is sooo cute. I am jealous you have warm enough weather to go camping and work in the yard. Still a little to cold to it here in Logan.

Missy W. said...

Wow, a pink outfit on a camping trip, what a girly girl!

Marci said...

You are such a good family to take a baby camping. We have attempted it a few time, but it always ends badly. We have two big camping trips this summer with a 3 year old and 18 monther. Just wait until they eat dirt. Funny times.

Matt and Tracy said...

it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! besides the sleeping part of it, brystal did such a good job on her first camping trip! i love the pack-n-play in the tent! and you guys have new callings...you will have so much fun in yw, i loved serving with them :)

Super Daysh said...

How fun! Baby's first campout! She is one of those girls who can look adorable while camping. ;)

Bethany said...

My favorite part is that she is wearing a bow while you are camping. I would do the same thing! Fun that you are with the beehives!

Ashley said...

I am loving that she's got the perfectly sweet headband on a campout. Stylin' little girl. Miss you guys!