Thursday, December 27, 2007

WAFFLES AND ICE CREAM



This is an old tradition that Nate grew up with. The only day of the year you get ice cream for breakfast. I can see how it would be cool as a kid, but since I just love breakfast the most, it was hard for me to eat ice cream for breakfast. I will have to get used to it I suppose. We did come across a new recipe for Christmas waffles. They are called gingerbread toffee waffles. Basically you add a little molassis, ginger and ground cloves, and of course toffee to your regular waffle recipe. I thought it sounded nasty at first, but it was actually quite delicious and very good with ice cream! If you want the recipe, let me know.




No that is not butter, (thank goodness) that is the ice cream. You rub it on your waffles and let it melt into your toasty waffle. It is growing on me.

3 comments:

Parrish Family said...

My Grandma feeds us waffles and ice cream. We love them. I think that is a great tradition!! Your kids will love it.

Missy W. said...

Andy's family has a waffle ice-cream dinner once a year in memory of his grandmother who has passed. It was her favorite.

Super Daysh said...

My hubby LOVES waffles. You'll have to send me the recipe or leave it as a comment. He'd be thrilled if I made them more often. I think they look tasty!