Monday, May 18, 2009

HAPPY BARF-DAY TO ME


Well my birthday was last Friday, I wouldn't exactly call it one of my top 10 birthdays or lets just say it wasn't even on my top 20 list, and since I am 25 this year, that's not saying so much. I spent the week last week dealing with Brystal throwing up with diarrhea and by the time I woke up on my birthday I wasn't feeling so good myself. Nate was home from work that day, we were supposed to have a great fun filled day together that day but instead it was spent on the couch watching movies and sipping 7up. So I decided that Saturday would be a redo birthday.

Saturday morning I woke up and felt starving. This was a good sign since I practically ate nothing the day before. We had eggs and bacon for breakfast. Mmm good. Then we were off to the Strawberry Festival! Nathan got me my very own GPS lady for my birthday which I have been begging for since we moved here. Well I pretty much know my way around here now, but for little trips like the Strawberry Festival on the other side of town this was a perfect opportunity to use her. I programmed her to have a british accent, punched in the address and off we went. We had a great time there, except my camera battery died so I have no proof that I was there. They had this big huge strawberry cake the size of my back yard there that you wait in line for and they cut you off a piece. They had some pig racing which Brystal loved, she sat right in front of the gate where the pigs run by and saw all the other kids clapping so she knew that this is what you were supposed to do when the pigs ran by. ( please imagine this all in your head since I have no pictures) We ate some really good food and looked at some cool vendors, and Nate got a free massage. Oh why didn't the birthday girl get one you ask, because she is pregnant and couldn't fit in the massage chair. Dang it! Nate promised me a good birthday massage at home, so when we got home we watched a movie and then Nate announced that the strawberry cake he ate earlier was not settling too good and he was sick, but I think he was trying to get out of the birthday rub. Don't worry I'll get my birthday rub.
So the redo birthday ended up being a million times better than my original birthday. Yea!

6 comments:

Super Daysh said...

happy birthday! Glad your re-do was so much better!

Andi said...

Happy Barf Day Kace! What a loser I am for not knowing it was your birthday. Glad you guys had a fun day together. Wow you are so old.
I am requesting one of those pregnancy calendar count down things on your blog so I can follow how many weeks you are!

Missy W. said...

Happy birthday Kacie, I'm glad you feel better!

Jordan Frazier said...

That stinks to be sick on your birthday...did you get my text? I hope you had a good birthday...other than the barfies

elsa said...

happy birthday!!!!!!!

Madison Grunig said...

Happy Birthday Kacie! You are such a funny writer. Glad your redo birthday was better than the first one. And you better get that birthday rub from your husband!