Thursday, March 12, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE AND A ROCKETS GAME!

I know this is late but March 2 was Nate's Birthday. He is 28 now, man he's getting old. Anyways, I started off the morning by attempting to make pancakes. Now I'm not a bad cook, but if there is one thing I'm not good at making, it's pancakes. Don't ask me why but I can count on one hand how many successful pancakes I've made. Their either too thick, too doughy or just plain gross. So I'm making pancakes and I'm so nervous that they won't turn out. What a way to start out a birthday, messed up pancakes. But by a miracle my prayers were answered and Nate had some delicious pancakes for breakfast.

When he got home from work we went to dinner to the Texas Roadhouse with Nate's parents. It was very tasty of course and I didn't have to do any fancy cooking. But then we went home for birthday rice krispy treats. Now if there is something you shouldn't be able to mess up on, it's these, and guess what? They were so hard and crunchy, I was so ashamed of myself. How could I mess up the birthday rice krispies? At least the pancakes were good.



For Nate's Birthday present, I gave him Rockets tickets. So that weekend we enjoyed a basketball game together. Now you may have seen me standing by this Yao Ming before, but I thought I'd do it again, because it's fun, ok?

And Nate next to Tracy McGrady.


And here is my hand and foot next to Yao's hand and foot. The guy wears a size 18! Anyways, it was a great game and Yao wasn't hurt this year so we got to see him play we were so excited! Not to mention they played Pheonix so we got to see him play against Shaquil O'Neil! The 2 biggest guys on the earth playing basketball together. It was like seeing a celebrity in the nose bleed section. They even looked big from up there.

2 comments:

Addie May said...

Happy birthday Nate! You always crack me up, Kacie. Way to go on the pancakes! You're also looking very cute and pregnant!!

Kimberly said...

At first I thought that was a popcorn cake. I think of Nate every time I eat popcorn.