Sunday, January 20, 2008

WHERE HAVE I BEEN?



Some of you may have wondered what happened to me. Well our internet quit working about 2 weeks ago (technically not our internet, just some wireless we were picking up for over a year) and so we finally had to cave in and buy our own internet. Well I had to wait and wait for it to get mailed to us, and then wait to get it set up. When I set it up, it didn't work. I was mad and was on the phone with the At&t people for almost 2 hours trying to fix it and couldn't get it fixed so I had to wait till Nate got home for the weekend to get it fixed. FINALLY, it works and we are back in business. You can imagine that without being able to blog for 2 weeks was quite traumatic for me. Let's just hope it never happens again. So I have alot of catching up to do.

Well here is what the latest scoop on us is. This month marks the beginning of the busy season at work for Nate. As most of you remember our last years experience with this, he was in Oklahoma City for about 6 weeks only coming home on the weekends. Well here we are again doing it again. So I have been alone this last week with Brystal, and to help me not get so lonely while he is away, I will be going up to Utah this Wednesday the 23rd through the 6th of Feb, for 2 whole weeks. My family will finally get to meet Brystal for the first time, and Nathan will be able to come up on the weekends where we plan to bless her in my parents ward on Feb 3rd if anyone is interested in coming. Then I will return to Houston for only about 4 days before I head off again to Iowa to visit Dusty and Hilary ( my brother and his family) Lots of traveling, but I'm so excited to see my family especially since they haven't met Brystal. So for those of you in Utah who I haven't seen for awhile, give me a call. I'll see you soon. Oh and if anyone has any tips on flying with a newborn?.....it would be helpful, I'm scared to death.

12 comments:

Shelly said...

I've never flown with a newborn, but I've heard that when the plane starts to decend (about 30 minutes before you land), is a good time to give her a pacifier or something to suck on so her ears won't hurt. Let me know if it work. Good Luck.

Jordan Frazier said...

Kace, we for sure need to plan something! I will see you so soon! Call me, or i will call you! T.Jay is going to be out of town also this week, so i will have to come up to your parents house. What time is Brystal's blessing? I have to teach Young Womens that day, but if times work, i would love to come! See you soon!

Brent, Bethany, and Brooke said...

She is starting to look so much older now. And you really don't like that she sucks her thumb? Brooke does, too, and I'm grateful. I flew with Brooke when she was a newborn and then we just flew last weekend, and it was so much easier with a newborn, even though I was by myself! I kept her in the baby bjorn the whole plan ride and she slept (she was 2 months old). And just take your time going through security. Don't feel rushed! How fun that you're going to Utah!

Kristie Romberg said...

How the heck do you get all the cute backgrounds for your blog? Jealous!

Andi said...

Hey Kace, I was just remembering a few of the things that I did on the plane when I came to see you...If you're going to breast feed her mid-air than ignore this and just bring your hooter hider :) The flight attendant can give you a cup full of hot water to warm your bottles in. The book I read said to feed them as you take off as well as when you land if poss. There are changing tables in the nasty little bathrooms. I checked everything but the diaper bag which made things toooons easier. They will put your car seat in a nice little bag at the check out place. I carried Jack Jack around the airport in the Snuggly thing b/c my gate was like a mile away and he is a chunk. But your little 9 lb Bristle might not be a prob. :) Just remember that you can't bring more than 3 oz of any liquid through security. I'm sure you know all of this, I"m getting all stressed out for you just thinking about it again. No worries though! You will be a pro! Good luck and can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Hey! My mom told me you were coming here to bless Brystal! That is so exciting! I can't wait to see you guys! And... we DEFINATELY will go to lunch while you are here. You are coming today, I think. Call me, or have your mom call my mom... or something. Good luck with Brystal on the plane! See you soon! YEA!

Ashley said...

You're leaving Texas to go to the freezing cold?! Crazy girl. I'll switch you. Just make sure she's sucking on something on the ascent and descent--their little ears have a hard time.

Spring said...

Oh, dang! I ment to call you before you took off. That is great that you are with your family though. That really stinks that Nate is gone. I wish I had read this sooner...I have lots of good tips for flying with a baby...most of which I got from Tracy Pine. Blessing your baby will be so much fun...it was such an amazing spiritual experience for me. I was bawling before Ryan even started talking...I could just be special though. Let us know when you get back into town. We are trying to get a group of people together to go to the rodeo if you are interested...

Dust + Hil said...

I love the bubbles. This is the cutest picture!

Anonymous said...

kacie, re-found your blog! it is darling, brystal is such a doll. isn't it amazing how they grow up so fast?! i have to imput my opinion on flying with a baby, we flew with wade for the first time over christmas--he was 4 months. the best thing i found was keeping him sucking on a binky when we were taking off (he's not a good binky-sucker either so i would use some gas drops to keep the binky in). and when you're landing either feed her or do the binky again--decending is worse on their ears than taking off. i found it was much easier to use a bottle on the plane than nurse. wade unfortunately pooped up his back while flying and i just changed him on my lap--seemed more sanitary than their bathrooms. oh and when you're going through security, don't forget she has to be completely out of a blanket and can't have a sweatshirt on or any bulky clothes--i made that mistake! hope this helps!!! oh and i was wondering, is your husband an accountant?

Marci said...

Kacie
Theis is Marci from Smithfield Chiropractic, can you believe I found you blog. I can't tell you how excited I was to see your little baby girl. I am so happy for you, she's beautiful. I'm sorry that we have lost touch. We really had a lot of fun together. So we can keep in touch I just started a blog http://paulmarcimccune.blogspot.com Can't wait to talk to you again.

Shelby said...

Hi Kacie! So glad you found my blog. I too love blogging, but mostly reading other people's blogs. I'm going to add you to our friends list. We often think of you guys and wondered about the baby situation, so I'm soooo happy that you have a little girl! I'm sure you are so happy as well. We have been in Vernal for about 7 months and who knows how long we'll be here. Okay, I'll be checking frequently from now on. Your baby is so cute!