Friday, February 6, 2009

MY CRAZY WEEK

Last week was a bad week. First of all, it is Nate's busy season, which means he is hardly ever home. So he leaves early in the morning and gets home around 10. It is very hard to be without him but we're getting through. Anyways, he likes to come home and check on Brystal in her bed, but he kept on waking her up and playing with her and then expect me to put her back to bed and be the bad guy. Well one night he came home and headed upstairs, I said, I better monitor this to make sure you don't wake her up this time. So we are both cooing over our adorable little girl sleeping away in her crib, when she suddenly realizes we are watching her and she wakes up and sits up in her bed and looks at us and then begins to throw up.

Oh dear, I can't handle the smell, so I run out of the room and leave poor Nathan with throw up in his hands. Poor little baby, we cuddle her up and put her back to sleep. She wakes up every half an hour with throw up on her and her bed for the next hour and a half. I was running out of clothes and blankets, and sleep. Finally it all ended at 1:30 a.m.

The next day she seemed fine, just didn't eat anything all day which I understand, so by that night, she came down with a strange fever. This night she woke up every half an hour having uncontrollable screaming fits that we couldn't calm her down. we would get her calmed, then put her back down and start all over again a half hour later. Finally at 3 a.m. it ended. I was pooped.

Speaking of poop, the NEXT day, she seemed ok, just not eating much again and a little sleepy. Well I'm on the phone when I look at Brystal and she has poop overflowing out of her diaper up her back and she is hunched over something. " I gotta go! " and I hang up the phone. I run over and she is poking her little fingers in a big pile of poop that must have spilled out of her pants, so I grab her and run her upstairs to the bathroom. She's got poop on her hands, her back, her clothes, everywhere. As I'm running up the stairs, I turn back to the damage and see Sophie, good old Sophie eating up the remains. I'm screaming "Sophie!!! Get away from the poop!!" Does she listen? Of course not. This is a delicacy to her. I dump Brystal in the bathroom and run back down stairs thinking how much I want to kill that dog, and I grab the dog with poo smeared all over her face and throw her in the laundry room until she gets a bath. And I'm not going to do it, so that means Nathan is. Anyways the poor baby upstairs is crying with poop all over her and I don't even know where to begin but manage to get her in the tub and cleaned up.

After that, I had HAD it, so Nate took me to the movies that night and we called his mom to come watch her. Everything is fine and dandy now, she's better and I'm much more relaxed now this week. But this was just a little glimpse into my life last week. These are the things that happen to every mom at some point in their lives though they never want to do it again, I'm sure it will.

11 comments:

the browns said...

Kacie I love reading your blog. Your little girl is so cute (barf and all). I can't wait to move to Houston so we can rekindle our friendship! =)

Dust + Hil said...

Kacie that was absolutely disgusting!! I'm so sorry for you.

Tammy said...

Holy cow! What a week. So sorry.

Jordan Frazier said...

heheh...i laughed out loud on this one. Little Brystal is just the cutest little girl ever....i just want to sqeeze her. PS...Kacie, i really might be coming to Texas in July...no joke.

Super Daysh said...

Oh Kacie. I'm so sorry. That sounds miserable...definitely NOT looking forward to that. I'm glad she's feeling better though!

Andy Wegener said...

That is a great story Kacie. I love it! Except for the puke... it makes me sick just thinking about it.

Addie May said...

I heard those stories on the phone and even when I read them I was laughing! So sorry...
It was so fun to talk with you the other day! We need to do it more often...

Witter and Kway said...

That is hilarious! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. What a nice husband to take you to the movies!

Matt and Tracy said...

Wow, what a week. I can't believe you didn't tell me about it earlier. Thank heavens that week is over with, huh?!

Marinda said...

Oh my word, that is so gross. I'm so very sorry. I think it tops my worst mom moments, I've had all those things happen, but not all at once! Glad you made it through.

Gini said...

Sorry Kacie! That story was kind of funny in it's own little way though... especially with your poopy dog. My mom has a house dog, so I can just imagine the poop being a delicacy to her! Haha. Poop is a delicacy to every dog. They're so weird.