Friday, February 20, 2009

I GUESS IT'S TIME

I admit that I have been avoiding you all lately. But it is time for me to come clean about what is really going on in my life. Things here haven't been what they seem. So I went through a phase of almost non existant blogging there for awhile, I'm sure you all noticed. Well there is a good explination for that. I just don't know how much longer I can avoid the subject. This photo here was taken about 5 weeks ago...



That's right as you can see the picture says 10 weeks here, which was taken 5 weeks ago, so if you do the math, I have been avoiding you guys for 15 weeks. Actually, not really that long, since I didn't even know about this for quite a long time. Here is the story, in case you are interested...
We were not trying for this, I figured that since Brystal was so hard to get then it would be again, so I was just checking my cycles out to see if I would still be messed up. Well nothing happened nothing happened. So I went into the Dr the 1st of December who did an u/s and a pregnancy test and saw absolutely nothing and blamed my lack of my a regular cycle on the fact that I was coming off the pill and that my chances were very slim at this point of getting pregnant on my own.
Well ok then I thought, good to know for when we are ready to try. The story deepens at this point. 3 weeks later we are on the rode, driving to Utah, it was much more horrible than I originally explained in my blog. I felt like crap. So lo and behold when I get up there, I take a test and to my surprise, 2 lines show up. "what the heck?" I say, "I was just in the Dr's office a couple weeks ago who said I wasn't pregnant and that I wouldn't be able to" So with feelings of nervousness, fear, wondering, excitment, dissbelief I called the Dr back up and got myself an appointment because apparently, he was wrong. When I get to the Dr for my ultra sound they asked me how far along I was. "well I have no clue when this happened, so I would guess around 6 weeks I guess". So the screen pops up and BOOM, there is a BIG baby with arms and legs and hands and feet waving back at me. "That is a Big baby!" I say, the u/s lady says that I am a whopping 10 weeks along!!! What the heck! Apparently, when I had gone to the Dr before I was just barely a week or so along and they couldn't see anything. Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe this.

So that is that my friends. A miracle I guess, we didn't think it would happen so easy for us let alone happen for us when we weren't really trying. I guess this baby needed to be here right now. So I am due on August 13 so far. I really haven't felt too good until just a couple of weeks ago which as you can see is when I started to blog again. Things have been rough around here with Nate's busy schedule and me not feeling good especially in the evenings and Brystal getting molars and whining at me all evening long. I wanted to die sometimes. But the worst is over and we it is becoming a little more real especially since I seem to be getting fatter a little sooner than I wanted to but I am getting excited. And we think Brystal is going to be a great big sister.

24 comments:

Jen said...

Sweet Kacie-Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I can't believe you were ten weeks along before you figured it out. What a little blessing you got. Can't wait to hear more about little baby!

Jordan Frazier said...

I am SO glad you finally let that out!! And like i said before; i am SO happy for you:)

nicole lindsay said...

congrats Kacie, I am so happy for you! Having two has been fun...so far!

Michael and Emily said...

I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

Shelly said...

I am SO happy for you! I'm glad it was less stressful this time around. Korver was due on August 13 last year!

Alec and Emily said...

Wahoo congrats Kacie, that is so exciting!!!

Andi said...

Glad you're feeling better!! I just love your story.

Nicole and Andy said...

YAy Kacie!! that's awesome, I'm glad it happened easier for you this time. That's wonderful!

val said...

wow and congrats. what a story. glad you have it documented and glad you are feeling better.

Derek and Tomi said...

kacey! oh my gosh that is so awesome i am so happy for you! that is a very big blessing.. well you know i bleive that the lord has alot to do with it and i beleive that it took you so long because the lord had more in store for you guys and now your ready to just pop out babies every where!! :) congrats girl i love you!

Madison Grunig said...

How exciting! I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Holy crap, I love your story. You crack me up Kacie! i am so excited for you! When do you get to find out what it is???

Missy W. said...

Kacie, we're so happy for you!

Julia said...

congrats again!

It's amazing how alike our stories are. I figured the same thing would be the case trying for a second child after it took so long to get pregnant with Audrey, but last January, I felt out of whack, so I took a random test, and there it was, total surprise! My little Nathaniel was born in September.

Don't worry, you'll do great!

Super Daysh said...

Holy Cow! That is awesome, Kacie! Congrats to you and I hope you get feeling even better here soon! I can't believe you went that long before you really knew- that is awesome! Congrats again and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!! :)

steve and jessica said...

Congrats!!! Brystal is going to be a great big sister.

Chixon said...

I was wondering why you had disappeared! Congrats! We're excited for you!

Andrea McEntire said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Andrea McEntire said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Danielle said...

Wow! Congrats! I hope you get feeling better soon. =]

Doug and Marilyn said...

Oh congrats! What a wonderful blessing. I'm so excited for you guys. :)

Gini said...

Yayyyy!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I'm so glad this time was easier... I'm glad you're feeling better too. Feeling sick is such a drag. :( How old is Brystal now??

jkmortensen said...

I was hoping to hear the story!! Thanks for posting it.

moi said...

Love it! How far apart will they be?