Thursday, May 1, 2008

MAY 1ST 2003

5 years ago today we were married in the Bountiful Utah Temple. I can't even believe it has been this long. We have been through so much together. I feel like I am more in love with Nathan now than I was 5 years ago. Now if someone would have told me that back then I would have thought they were lying, but it is true. My love grows more and more everyday. We have had quite a journey together, and I wouldn't have wanted to do it with anyone else but him. I have the song Come What May, on here it was sung at our reception by my cousins, and I love it. And the song At the beginning was on our wedding video. They are special songs to me.

Let's just get a recap on how we met... We met at Utah State University in our singles ward. We actually met at our first Family Home Evening, where we played the typical Elbow Tag. I asked Nate what brought him from Texas to here, and his response? "To meet girls named Kacie". Now of course this is totally cheesy now, but at the time, I was a giddy little freshman girl who didn't know any better because for all I cared, a returned missionary was actually flirting with me, a huge step from my high school peers. From then on, we just kept running into eachother, and I had a huge crush on him. Then he finally told me he liked me and we were never separated (except for Christmas break when he went back home to Texas). And it has been bliss ever since. This is just a short version of how we met by the way, I don't have time for the long version.



The Blushing Bride.































Doesn't get much hotter than this, does it? Hubba hubba!

























So young and naive. We didn't know anything back then. Only that we were in love.















Here I was getting the cake ready to shove in his face when he strangely asked for a bigger piece and opened up his mouth really wide...ok then, I said....



















That's what you get!




















My Hero.

13 comments:

Missy W. said...

Happy anniversary you two!

moi said...

You are adorable. Happy anniversary-you are perfect together.

Beads Bee Boutique said...

Yeah! You found us :) I seriously searched forever trying to find your blog because I remembered you had one and I obviously suck at finding blogs.... That is weird that our blogs are like the same, we must be related! PS HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Madison Grunig said...

You guys are so cute! Happy anniversary.

steve and jessica said...

From Steve: I was there 5 years ago! Remember the night before Nate?

From Jessica: Congratulations.

Super Daysh said...

Yay! Congrats to you both! 5 years! That is so crazy.

Josh and Jay said...

So cute! Happy Anniversary!!!

Jen said...

Congrats on five years!
It was so good to see you while you were here. I'm in love with baby Brystal.

Jordan Frazier said...

Happy Anniversary! I always know that when you have your anniversary, it is the anniversary of me and T.'s first date too! hahah...I am SO glad i got to see you while you were here...you're the best:) and i Brystal is so darling i can't stand it!

Andi said...

Wooooow. 5 years! Happy Anna.

Missy W. said...

i need to see pictures of your new house ASAP!

Gini said...

Hey KC!! Happy Anniversary. Haven't heard from you in a while. Are you still alive? Love your buns... drop me a line some time.

Julia said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary! I thought I recognized those flowers. We got married the day before you did at Bountiful. :) Such a wonderful place for starting family life together!