Monday, October 29, 2007

SHE'S HERE!!!

Brystal Lynn Bennett has finally arrived! She was born on Saturday October 27th at 2:12. She weighed a little tiny 6 pounds even, and 20 and a half inches long with loads of long brown hair. I was so excited to hear that she had hair.

I woke Friday morning around 6:30 with some strange feelings. I didn't know what to think about them until they kept coming every 5 to 10 minutes. I called Nate to come home from work and we spent the whole day watching movies and going for walks. The contractions were getting worse, but they weren't getting regular, so I didn't dare to try and go to the hospital and get sent home. I spent the rest of the day and the rest of the night in agony with contractions every 5-7. I was up all night sleeping for about 4 minutes, and then waking up with a contraction. Finally at 6 the NEXT morning, I told Nate to get up because I couldn't take it anymore, and I felt like 24 hours of contractions 7 minutes apart was something to not be taken lightly. So we went in, I was already dilated to a 4 and quailified for the epidural!! Yeah!! So I got the epidural, and coasted along and dilated to a 10 within 6 hours, pain free. Then, suddenly the eipdural decided to stop working on my left side and back. I was dying, luckily it was time to push. 20 minutes later, we had a little baby in our arms. She is just perfect, and healthy with no problems. We are so happy and blessed that everything went so perfect! I loved the experience (ok, so spending a whole 24 hours at home in pain wasn't so fun) the whole experience was better than I ever imagined. And now we are home, and trying to figure everything out. I'm feeling pretty good, just a little soar, but it is all worth it. Brystal is very good baby so far. We will keep you all posted. I'm sorry this has taken me so long to get up.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so darling! Congratulations on the teeny tiny girl! I can't believe she was so little. I'm so happy for you!!!

steve and jessica said...

We're glad that everything went well and everyone is healthy! She's so cute. Keep the pictures coming.

Matt and Tracy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so glad to hear that everything went so well! Brystal is so beautiful and I am so happy for you! You're a mommy!!! I know you will be such a great mom and Brystal is so lucky to have you :) (and Nate too of course!) I hope we can talk soon, I want to hear all about it straight from you...call me:)

Doug and Marilyn said...

YEAH!! Congrats to the lucky parents. She is absolutely beautiful. We love the hair that that sweet face. Sounds like a very good labor too. She is so tiny and I'm sure that was nice because you're so tiny! :) Good luck figuring everything out. Keep us posted on what it's like!

Bethany said...

Welcome to the world, baby Brystal-we're so glad you're here!! Hopefully we'll even get to meet you someday. Glad to know it went ok, Kacie. We will talk online again soon.

jkmortensen said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you she is a doll. Good luck here in the next little while.

jkmortensen said...

Bytheway- blue bell and hoss are kari and jesse!! we are happy for you!

Jillian said...

oh my goodness kacie! brystal is BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how long her hair is!! Congrats new mommy! enjoy these first few weeks, because soon she'll be walking and telling you NO! I hope you're doing well. Congrats again on the beautiful baby girl!

Parrish Family said...

She is so CUTE!!!! Congratulations! Kacie she is a doll. And I love the little bracelet she wore home. I hope you have so much fun. Being parents is going to be great!!!

Rachelle said...

Kacie, she's so cute!! Your and Nate's genes blend well. :) She's adorable. I can see you both in her, but maybe a little more of Nate. And she has hair! Yay! I'm so excited to come see her...soon. How does Sophie like her?

Chixon said...

CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful! You are going to be a wonderful mom! I hope everything continues to go well!

Eliza said...

kacie! congratulations! she is so gorgeous. wow. I have been stalking your blog for awhile now, but I just had to come out in the open to tell you congrats and good luck!

Anna said...

CONGRATS! She is adorable. I can't believe all that hair. You look so happy and cute too! I'm excited for you. I wish you well in your recovery/adjustment stage. It can be really hard, but definitely worth it. Newborns are so magical and sweet. I'm excited for you!

Jordan Frazier said...

I love this picture of her ...i just can't stop looking at her...she is just adorable!

Kacie-We now have a blog too...(i think i told you over the phone yesterday) Anyways, it is:
www.tjayjordanfrazier.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, she is beautiful! I am so excited for you guys! You all look so happy!

Jenae said...

Ok so I saw this post like the second you put it on because I was going crazy checking your blog every hour of every day! I haven't written anything because I was going to call you but then I talked myself out of calling because I know that the first week at home is rough. I hope all is well for you and little Brystal. She couldn't be more perfect. Her hair is amazing! She has WAY more hair than Ella does at 6 months! We will be in touch soon. Best wishes to all of you.

A Hunt Wood said...

Congradulations!! We are so excited for you both. But that hair? Wow!! She's darling and we couldn't be happier for you. Glad all is going well for your family.