Tuesday, June 9, 2009

BENNETT FAMILY REUNION 2009

We just got back from Corpus Christi Texas from our Bennett Family reunion. We had such a great time with all of Nate's family who traveled down here. The weather was nice and everything went perfect. Beware, this has alot of pictures.


This was our last night before we left. We had a bonfire on the beach and roasted mellows and talked.

We spent much of our days on the beach enjoying the sun. We did some boogie boarding, (yes even me and my big belly tried it) and building sand castles and eating great snacks.


Brystal liked digging.

She was a little freaked out by the waves and the water, if anyone remembers what happened to her last time we took her to the beach in Galveston last year, that may have something to do with it, I don't know.

So instead she enjoyed staying far away from the water and digging in the dirt...

and laying around in the hammock...

I could always find her sitting by one of her older cousins. If they were sitting on the ground she would take her food plate or drink and go sit by them.


Each family had to do a talent. Our talent was to have Brystal sing Popcorn popping on the Apricot tree with her little cousins, she ended up being the only one who DIDN'T sing it.

Here she is again eating her ice cream cone with her big cousins.

We had some fun games that we played outside with everyone. Here is everyone lined up for a potato sack race...


Guess who lost?


Then a water balloon fight broke out. Nathan doesn't look like he has any mercy for those poor little kids.


What a great trip we had and we love to see Nathan's family since we rarely get them all together at once so it is a special treat to see them all. I just wish we could see them more often.

8 comments:

Andi said...

Fun reunion! I was wondering how the big girl bed is going? I am NOT looking forward to that. I'll keep him caged up as long as possible but I know it's inevitable. She looked so cute in her little bed.
I can't believe how close you are getting to having Mr. baby number 2! Do you guys have a name picked out?

Matt and Tracy said...

oh my gosh, how fun!! brystal is adorable in her little bathing suit playing in the sand! oh and you should totally get a video of brystal singing popcorn popping...i want to see that!

Nicole and Andy said...

Hi Kacie! Your reunion looks awesome, and the palm trees in the back look like Cali! I don't have your email, mine is n.i(at)aggiemail.usu.edu.....if you email me I'll get that recipe to you asap.
How are you feeling? oh my, I just saw on your slide show a picture of you and Nate on THE scooter!! What ever happened to that??

Hannah Neville McMillan said...

I LOVE her swimming suit!!! so cute!

Andrea McEntire said...

Awww shucks! The "scared of the waves" picture was too cute! Sad, but cute. You gotta love those family reunions!

Deatry Fam said...

Kacie,
I am so sorry I havn't got back to you. I am doing really good, how are you feeling? When is your exact due date? I am so ready for this little man. I am so uncomfortable, it is crazy. I never knew it could be so uncomfortable. Being pregnant is not fun anymore that is for sure, but luckily my pregnancy hasn't been bad at all, I have been super lucky. How has yours been going? How is being pregnant with another child? I am sorry again I haven't emailed you or posted back to you.

Kristie Romberg said...

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! I never thought I'd be the one begging you for an update. I'm way better than you! ;) We want to see how you guys are doing, so post some fun stuff for us to look at!

elsa said...

familiar life that s the best life!!!