Friday, November 30, 2007

THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD

I am really starting to enjoy being a mom now. I admit that it is hard at times, but as each day goes by, I get more confident and I just love her more and more everyday. I can already tell that she is growing and learning. Even the little things she does I get so excited about, like when she finally started noticing those spinning animals above her head in the swing and couldn't stop staring at them for a half an hour.

I love now how much she likes bath time. I think it's cute.

love how she likes to just stare at my face for hours and hours. Even in the middle of the night when I'm so tired, it is hard for me to put her down when she looks at me like that.

And I love to watch her fall asleep. There's nothing cuter than watching a little baby fall asleep. Sometimes it takes hours, and sometimes it takes seconds. She'll be screaming one second and then I turn around and she's sleeping. I don't know how it happens because I always miss that moment.

And I think it is so cute when she is just waking up and scrunches up her face and puckers her lips and stretches out her arms for a good stretch.

There are some tough moments sometimes. Like feeding her round the clock is very draining. And when I want to go out somewhere, I have to make sure that she has some milk pumped so that she can have a bottle. And it is really frustrating when you leave to go out by yourself with out the baby and leave her with your husband and he calls during the middle of the Relief Society party to say that when he was getting the bottle ready for her, he forgot to put the bottom of the bottle on before he dumped the milk in it so it spilled all over the counter and that I have to come home and feed her. Ya that was not funny, and anyone who has ever breastfed and pumped milk knows that stuff is like liquid gold and isn't easy to come by, so when you dump it on the counter it was a waste of a half an hour of pumping for me, and the pain of having to do it for NOTHING. I wasn't to happy about it, but I made sure that everyone at the party knew why I was going home, so that next time they see Nathan, he'll never hear the end of it. He he he.

7 comments:

Doug and Marilyn said...

I love all your new pictures. She looks like an angel. I love what a cute mom you are too! You look great and we miss you.

Andi said...

We should put Natey on that breast pump and see how he likes it. Kace, I think our children are going to shoot us some day when they see those tub pics. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Monica said...

Through a chain of blogs I came across yours today. You daughter is so adorable. I hope you and Nate are doing wonderful.

Missy W. said...

Kacie, the last paragraph of this post had Andy and I laughing SO hard. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate and Casey. We found your blog a week ago, but have been too busy to get in touch. Ok fine, we were too lazy... As soon as we found out the possibility of moving to Houston, we thought of you guys. Now that we know for sure, we look forward to hooking up. We looked up Spring (TX) to figure out where you were. Unfortunately, we think we will be living somewhere in the inner loop, probably in or around the Heights. I hate commuting, and that is where I'm working. But we still have to figure it out. But we will definetly give you a shout. Look forward to introducing Poppy to Brystal.

Ashley said...

I had a friend who would comment every few months that THIS was her favorite stage with her little boy. I get it now, it just keeps getting better and better!