Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ANNIVERSARY 2010

7 Years ago Nate and I were married in the Bountiful Temple after meeting eachother at Utah State University. Who knew that after all that we've been through together and all the years together that we'd be more in love that we ever have been before? We decided to get away this year, so we left the kids with our friends overnight and we went to Galveston to enjoy the beach!! We had such a great time taking long walks (and runs) on the beach, eating out and just enjoying each others company in the car.

We went to the local Wal Mart to pick us up some beach supplies. This Walmart was filled with all your beach necessities. We shopped for a boogie board for our plans of body surfing! The waves were great this weekend so it was perfect.

We ate at the Rainforest Cafe which I have never been to before, but it was one of my favorite parts of the whole weekend! It was such a cool experience just to eat there with all the fish tanks and the animals. The animals weren't real but every 10 minutes or so they would all come to life and make noises and swing from trees and shake branches. It was amazing!

They had great food too.

This is a bad picture but this is the inside of the restaurant. It was like eating in a rainforest! Well duh. Hence the name.

After lunch we treated ourselves to a few drinks at the bar and sat on these funny stools. Ok we didn't really have any drinks, we just sat on the funny stools cause we're cool like that ok?

Here is the boogie board I picked out. I was so excited because I don't usually get to play in the water since I'm usually on the beach with the kids. And it's not really as fun playing out there by yourself.


I can't wait for another million years with Nate!

5 comments:

Super Daysh said...

I can't believe it's already been 7 years! Go you! What a fun way to celebrate- kid free! You look like you had way too much fun. ;)

Andi said...

WOW Happy Anniversary! I've heard year seven is the make it or break it year. Ha ha. Let me know how it goes.
You two were definitely made for each other. Glad you had a great weekend.
Especially love Kace on the bar stool. Memories of fantasia came flooding back.

amy said...

Fun times, I wish our anniversary was at a different time, because it is exatly one week before Christmas and it is actually totally inconvient. I'm usually like, hey, love ya, happy annivesary...and that is about it. I think we need to celebrate in April with you...Looks like fun!

Andrea McEntire said...

I love that you sat on the cool bar stools! I remember the good ol Rainforest Cafe. I'm glad you guys got a chance to get away! Congrats on 7 years of bliss.

Tammy said...

Congrats! You're at the beach and it's snowing here...sheesh....