Wednesday, January 7, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS SURPRISE!

This year for Christmas Nathan and I decided with the dropping gas prices we would drive to Utah and surprise my family! Boy were they surprised! We drove the long 24 hour drive straight through the night and made it there while my family was at church and there we were waiting for them when they got home! It was so nice to get to see everyone since we hadn't seen them for so long, and Brystal got to play with her cousins and Grandma and Grandpa and Aunts and Uncles. We also got to see some of Nate's family for a day here. We wish we could have stayed longer so we could have seen everyone! The weather was in our favor for the drives since it was a complete whiteout snowstorm every other day we were there.


Brystal getting a good look at snow for her first time. Don't ask about the ears, I just found them and she left them on for over an hour.


We did alot of lounging around which was great since we have both been really busy here at home with work and things with our callings and getting ready for the holidays, we really needed the break.

8 comments:

Missy W. said...

Hey, can we see a photo of Brystal in her cute Christmas dress?

Jenae said...

It sounds like you had a great trip to UT. I wish I was able to be there to see you. It has been too many years without you girl! Brystal is so so cute and I love the sassy toddler face...I get that look a lot these days. I am doing much better now; the first five months of pregnancy is always really rough. I can't wait to hear news that you'll be whipping out another one! Craig is studying for the CPA...hope it goes well for him like it did for Nathan! Love you lots lady.

Andrea McEntire said...

Okay, so I have to admit, I thought the Christmas surprise was going to be that you had another bun in the oven. Not Brystal's surprise she found in her nose. Darn, better luck next time I guess.

Ashley said...

How did you drive like that with Brystal?! You are my hero. Glad you got to see the family over the holidays. It just isn't the same without them.

Addie May said...

Looks like you guys had fun in Utah! It was so fun to see you at the get together, thanks for making time for all of us in your busy schedule! Brystal is so cute. She is at such a fun age!

amy said...

So Daring! I am not a fan long car rides with kids. Looks like it worked out great though! How could cute little Brystal ever cause her parents a stitch of trounble :). Thanks again for the projects you made for me. Everybody loved them!

Michael and Emily said...

My sister just called me a chump and it made me think of you. I think that was one of your favorites back when... And I'm glad to see that you're passing your talents on to Brystal. And so what if I've put on a little weight since I've been married. I'm trying to catch up to you! Have you looked in the mirror??

Randi said...

Hi! Holy cow I'm so glad you found me! It's awesome hearing from you. You three look happy and great! Keep in touch!